By Dan Lentz
1. Ask group members to share pictures from their purse, wallet, or phone of a person or event that’s been meaningful to them recently. Ask, “What made you take this picture or keep the picture with you?”
Read Ephesians 5:18—6:4.
2. What does it look like in practical terms to speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit?
3. Give some practical examples of how to submit to one another out of reverence for Christ: in your marriage, with your parents, with your kids, with your friends, in your school, or at work.
4. In what areas is it hardest for you to submit to others?
5. In what relationships do you need prayer right now?
6. Spend time praying that the fruit of the Spirit will rule in your relationships.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.