by Dan Lentz
1. When you were a kid, who stood up for you when you got into trouble? Who did you go to for comfort when you were sad?
Read Isaiah 53:1-12.
2. This passage prophetically describes Jesus. What amazes you most about Jesus from these verses?
• He was not physically attractive (v. 2).
• He received wounds so we could be healed (v. 5).
• He was punished for our peace (v. 5).
• He was convicted of the wrongdoing that we committed (v. 12).
3. What keeps unbelievers you know from accepting the message of Jesus?
4. What suffering have you endured that helps you identify more accurately with the suffering Jesus went through?
5. Go around the group and make a list of prayer concerns. Ask a volunteer to pray specifically for each concern. But instead of just praying for the concern to be resolved, pray that the concern would be an opportunity for a closer connection to the Lord for all involved.
T. Daniel Lentz works for Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.