By Dan Lentz
1. If you are married, tell your group how you met your spouse. If you are not married, share your favorite “love story” movie.
Read Song of Solomon 4:8–5:1a.
2. How do these verses compare or contrast with the image of romantic love portrayed in today’s culture?
3. What biblical values for romantic love can you can draw out of these verses?
4. What are some ways your group can help protect and promote healthy biblical marriage relationships?
5. Plan a service project together that supports healthy marriages. Invite a guest speaker to conduct a seminar on marriage or plan a marriage retreat for couples in your church.
6. Close your group time by praying for the marriages in your group and in the church as a whole.
T. Daniel Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.