By Dan Lentz
1. Ask group members to select two of the following options and answer this question: What is the most challenging aspect of being a . . .
• leader ?
Read Genesis 22:1-14.
2. The Lord asked Abraham to do a difficult thing. Based on these verses and other Scriptures about Abraham, what characteristics of his life made this level of obedience possible?
3. What makes following through on tough tasks easier for you? (Choose one of the answers from the following list or answer in your own words.)
• Experience: been there, done that.
• Trust: I know the people around me will be there for me.
• Optimism: all things work together for good.
4. Talk about a time when the Lord “saved the day” for you.
5. Close by discussing and praying about a tough challenge you or those close to you are currently facing.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.