By Dan Lentz
1. What place or area would you like to move to if you had nothing holding you back? Why?
Read Genesis 12:1-9.
2. The Lord asked Abraham to set out on a journey to an unknown place. In general, how do you react when setting out on a journey without the benefit of many details?
• No problem! I just go with the flow.
• I tend to take charge and chart the course.
• I react with panic and anxiety.
• I get excited about the adventure!
3. Have you had an experience like Abraham, where you’ve had to go to an unknown place or go through an unknown transition? Talk about your experience.
4. When the Lord has presented you with a new opportunity or new step of obedience, how has he blessed you for taking that new step of faith?
5. It seems easier and safer to do something new when we know we are going to benefit from it. What gives you the courage to take a new step of faith when the blessing is unknown?
6. After Abraham had obediently followed the Lord to a new land, he built an altar and called on the name of the Lord. Spend your prayer time calling on the name of the Lord by praying short prayers of praise. Encourage everyone to pray at least once.
T. Daniel Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.