By Dan Lentz
1. What job(s) do you dread being asked to do? Why?
Read John 2:1-12.
2. Jesus asked for jars of water to be provided before the water was changed to wine. What has Jesus asked you to bring to him in order for transformation to happen in your life? What “jar of water” has Jesus asked you to bring to him before he can do his work?
3. Do you feel you need other resources before you can serve him more completely? What are those needs?
4. Even though Jesus’ “hour had not yet come,” when presented with the opportunity, he served when the need arose. What need have you seen arise lately? Is the Lord calling you to step in and serve in some area, even if it is not convenient for you?
5. To close your group time, plan a service project your group can do together. Be sure to set a date and work out the details to ensure all aspects of the service project are covered.
6. Close with prayer for your upcoming service project.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.