By Dan Lentz
1. You may or may not have a written last will and testament, but share with the group to whom you would “will” the following items and why. (Pretend you possess these items. Fill in the blanks with descriptions and names. Be creative and have fun.)
“I __(your name)__ being of sound mind, will…
• my __(type of artwork)__ collection to _(name)__ because _(reason)__.
• my _(type of magazine)__ collection to _(name)__ because _(reason)__.
• my vacation home in __(place)___ to __(name)__ because _(reason)__.
• my Bible to __(name)__ because _(reason)___.
Read Galatians 3:15-18; 4:1-7.
2. A few of you may become, or already have been, heirs of someone with considerable wealth. But as a follower of Christ, what is your response to being declared an heir to the owner of the universe?
3. The word Abba is an affectionate term similar to “Daddy.” How hard or easy is it for you to see the Lord as “Daddy?”
4. How has the Spirit helped you transition from slave to son/daughter and heir? What do you need to do to cast aside the mentality of a slave and live like a child of God?
5. Close by praying and praising the Lord for being your loving Father.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies