By Dan Lentz
1. In addition to the church, what institution or organization has been a model of stability in your opinion?
2. Have you ever had a “pillar” of your world fail you (perhaps a business venture that failed or a respected leader who fell from grace)? What was that like for you?
Read Proverbs 8:22-35.
3. Think about a tough problem you’re facing. If you could look into the future to see the outcome of the situation, would it change your perspective today? Why or why not?
4. How does knowing that God exists eternally, established everything, and knows your future increase your confidence in the Lord’s handling of your life situations right now?
5. These verses describe how the Lord delights in the human family. Share in his delight by naming some things for which you are thankful.
6. Close your time together by offering prayers of praise for the things you just mentioned.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.