By Dan Lentz
1. Which of these statements best describes you and why? Share your response with the group.
• “If it is to be, it is up to me!” (If it’s going to get done, then I’m probably going to have to do it.)
• “I do what I can and let the chips fall where they may!” (I work hard, but I don’t feel like I have much control over the outcome.)
• “Whatever happens, happens!” (I’m not too concerned. I know most things work themselves out in the end.)
Read Galatians 3:1-14.
2. What new perspectives does this passage give you for distinguishing human effort from faith?
3. Are you prone to rely on human effort, or faith when facing challenging situations?
4. Regardless of how strong your faith is, what is one area of faith you would like to grow in over the next couple of months?
5. Take two or three minutes to pray for each area listed below. Pray for increased faith in:
• your family situation.
• your vocation.
• your relationships.
• your ministry.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.