By Dan Lentz
1. If you had the time and energy to do it, what new endeavor would you like to start?
Read Ephesians 4:1-16.
2. Based on your temperament, do you find it easy or challenging to “Be completely humble and gentle” and to “be patient, bearing with one another in love”?
3. What tends to blow you off track when it comes to loving one another deeply?
4. Based on your giftedness, how has the Lord called you “to equip his people for works of
5. As a group, discuss how you see one another building up the body of Christ. Take turns encouraging each another to continue a current area of ministry strength or spur someone on to start something new in an area of equipping ministry.
6. Plan a service project where you practice being patient, bearing with one another in love. Identify a group in your community that has a shortage of relational opportunities and bless them with some time together. (Examples include a Euchre tournament at a nursing home, a game night at a halfway home for recovering addicts, and a Christmas party for foster families.) Pray over your plans and pray for those you will meet at the activity.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.