By Dan Lentz
1. Take turns answering the following three questions:
• What type of house did you live in when you were in elementary school?
• Describe the first place you lived when you first left your parent’s home.
• At what time in your life did you first feel at home with the Lord?
Read Ephesians 1:3-14.
2. Using these verses, make a list of the blessings that come from being part of the Lord’s family.
3. Which of the blessings you listed stands out as being the most meaningful to you today?
4. How can a person become “holy and blameless in his sight”? Is it more about what we do, or more about what the Lord has already done?
5. Paul wrote that we have been chosen “for the praise of his glory.” What does that phrase mean to you and how does it inspire you to live?
6. Worship the Lord during your prayer time by having group members call out “phrase praises” of things that come to mind about the Lord’s character. Ask a volunteer to close your prayer time.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.