By Dan Lentz
1. Name a Christmas tradition your family practiced as you were growing up. Name a Christmas tradition your family currently practices. What Christmas tradition would you like to establish in the future?
2. How has Jesus been a light around you recently? (“The fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth.”)
3. Knowing that without Jesus, there is darkness, how can you let your light shine in _____? (Fill in the blank with an area of your life and give an idea of how to let your light shine. (Examples include: at school, be a bolder
witness; at work, be less negative; at home, be more patient.)
4. Based on these verses, what are some ways our group can live as children of light more tomorrow than we are today?
5. Bring a candle or flashlight for everyone in your group. During prayer time, turn off the lights in the room, then go around the circle and have everyone pray silently or aloud, and as members pray, ask them to turn on their light (either turn on the flashlight or light their candle). When everyone has prayed and everyone’s lights are on, sing a Christmas carol or play a recorded song to conclude your time together.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.