By Dan Lentz
1. Bring a large bag of M&Ms® to the group. Pass the bag around the group and ask group members to take the usual amount of candies they would eat as a snack. For each piece a group member takes, ask the member to share something he or she is thankful for. Feel free to enjoy the candy during your group meeting.
Read Acts 28:1-10.
2. Being shipwrecked on the island of Malta turned out to be an exercise in kindness by nearly all involved. What are some ways kindness became infectious in these verses?
3. Have you seen kindness and thankfulness become infectious within a group of people you observed? If so, describe what happened.
4. How did Paul use kindness as a way to share Christ’s love with the people of Malta? How could you use kindness to show Christ’s love to those around you?
5. As a group, compile a list of people who are sick or suffering from chronic conditions. Provide note cards and assign group members to write notes of encouragement to the people on your list. Then designate individuals to deliver the notes personally or mail them. Pray for the individuals you are writing to as well.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.