By Dan Lentz
1. What was the biggest surprise you received this past week?
Read Hebrews 12:18-29.
2. Verses 18-24 compare and contrast the old and the new covenants. What major differences do you see between the two?
3. The writer of Hebrews says we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken. What life situation is “shaking” for you right now—a circumstance for which you could use more of an “unshakeable kingdom” mindset?
4. What inspires you to worship a God who is a consuming fire?
5. Print a copy of the verses you read today and then take scissors and cut the copy of this section of Scripture into individual verses. Put the papers with the verses in a basket and pass the basket around the group. Have each person pick one verse out of the basket and read it to the group. Then have group members pray out loud or silently, praising the Lord for the way he is described in that verse. Leave plenty of time for prayers of praise between each verse.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies