By Dan Lentz
1. What is something you were certain of when you were younger but are less certain of now? What is something you were uncertain of when you were younger but are very certain of now?
Read Hebrews 11:1-6; Psalm 46.
2. Using these Scriptures as a guide, make a list of as many things as you can of which we can be certain. Use a whiteboard or large sheet of paper to create your group list.
3. Ask group members, “Which certainties listed are the most meaningful to you today?”
4. There is a promise in these verses: “He rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Based on these verses, what rewards does the seeker receive?
5. For prayer time, talk about things you are hoping for today. As a group, pray for the faith to be sure of the things we hope for and certain of what we do not yet see.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies