By Dan Lentz
1. Identify two or three relationships in your life that have shaped you as a person. Talk about the positive and negative aspects of the relationships and how they have impacted you.
Read Genesis 50:15-26.
2. The situation between Joseph and his brothers had the potential to create a lifetime of bitterness and dysfunctional relationships. What actions did Joseph take to heal these broken relationships?
3. From your experience, what makes for long-term, healthy relationships? Have you been able to apply Joseph’s example to right a wrong relationship you’ve had in the past?
4. Knowing the quality of our relationships impacts our witness for Christ (see John 17:20-23 for another reference), how important is it to make sure our relationships are healthy and bring honor to Christ?
5. Close by forming groups of two or three and pray specifically for relationships that may be damaged in your life right now. Be sure to encourage one another to pray and work for the healing of broken relationships.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.