By Dan Lentz
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being “content in every circumstance” and 1 being “on the verge of a nervous breakdown,” where are you these days in your:
Read Exodus 15:1-5, 19-26.
2. In what ways can you relate to the Israelites’ experience of going from a high to a low? Share an example from your life.
3. How did the Lord’s response keep the Israelites from losing perspective when the circumstances changed quickly?
4. How can you apply this same principle to your life when circumstances change quickly?
5. Like Moses, Miriam, and the rest of the Israelites who sang and cried out to the Lord, we too can cry out and sing to the Lord in all circumstances. Take a piece of paper and write out a prayer to the Lord. It may be a song of praise or a cry of pain. Either way, share your heart with the Lord! Ask volunteers to read their prayers to the group if they are willing. Have a volunteer close with prayer.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies