By Dan Lentz
1. Describe an illness you or a family member went through that required a lot of patience. In any difficult situation, what is the hardest thing about waiting for things to get better?
Read 2 Kings 8:1-6.
2. How did the Lord take care of the woman and her son based on these verses? List as many ways as you can.
3. From the time the woman’s son was healed to the time she came back to her home area was at least seven years. Upon returning, would you expect this woman to have faith that her property would be restored? Why, or why not?
4. What are some ways the Lord has taken care of you in times of sickness or distress?
5. Think about a tough situation you face right now. What are you waiting on the Lord to provide?
6. Pray for patience and perseverance in the situations just mentioned by group members. Also, take some extended time to pray for situations where physical health and healing are desired.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.