By Dan Lentz
1. Distribute sheets of paper and ask members of your group to draw a tombstone. Then ask them to write on their tombstones what they would like to have inscribed or what they would like to be remembered for. Share the results with the group.
2. What surprises you about David’s last words? What can you tell about David’s relationship with the Lord as he neared the end of his life?
3. It was said that David did what was just and right for the people of Israel throughout his life. Knowing David committed many sins and experienced many failures during his life, how does it encourage you to know you can make a difference for the Lord in your life?
4. What area of leadership has the Lord given you? How could he use your role to make an impact for eternity?
5. Spend time praying for those areas where you have influence. Ask the Lord to use you to do what is just and right.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.