By Dan Lentz
1. If you could have any monetary debt forgiven or be released from any other obligation, what would it be and why?
Read Leviticus 25:8-12, 25, 35-40, 47, 48, 55.
2. The Lord established a system for debt forgiveness and support of the poor within the Israelite community. What surprises you about the way this system worked? In what ways is our system of debt forgiveness and support of the poor similar or dissimilar to what we read in these verses?
3. Regardless of our national system of finance and entitlements, how are we doing as a faith community upholding the spirit of “jubilee” described in these verses?
4. How can we put these principles into practice in our personal lives?
5. If you have been convicted to make a lifestyle change as a result of these verses, share your decision with the group. Take some time to pray for each other and the decisions you have made.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies