By Dan Lentz
1. Do you tend to be a person who is intrigued, or annoyed by conspiracy theories? What is a conspiracy theory you’ve heard lately and what do you think about it? (A conspiracy theory is the belief that something or someone is responsible for the outcome of seemingly unrelated events.)
Read Acts 2:1-16.
2. The words bewildered and amazed are used in these verses to describe the response to the Holy Spirit’s presence. Why do you think even God-fearing Jews were bewildered and amazed by these events?
3. Have you ever been bewildered or amazed at the Holy Spirit’s work around you? What helps you know it is truly the Holy Spirit at work?
4. How did Peter respond to the people who were making fun of what God was doing?
5. How do you respond when people make fun of you because of the Holy Spirit’s work in your life? Share some experiences you’ve had.
6. During your prayer time, share one thing you feel the Holy Spirit has equipped you to do well. Pray for boldness to use that gift to bring glory to the Lord. As you pray, encourage one another in specific ways to use the gifts the Lord has given you to reach out to those around you.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies