By Dan Lentz
1. If you could think about your past week’s experiences as items you purchased at Walmart, which experience from this past week would you like to return for a refund?
2. Using these verses as a reference, describe how Christ followers might be able to recognize the “lawless one” if he were in the world today?
3. Verses 13-17 contain a description of the Christ follower’s response to the lawless one’s deception. Break into groups of 2-4 and ask each group to come up with several different responses that Christ followers should have to this deception.
4. How can we avoid being deceived by imposters? What type of support system do you need to establish or improve in order to “encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word”?
5. Within the same groups you formed earlier, share prayer concerns and pray together. Check up on group members during the week by phone or e-mail to keep updated on prayer requests.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.