By Dan Lentz
1. Ask each group member to name a television show he or she regularly watches. Then ask, “What do you like about the show?” and “What don’t you like about the show?”
Read Nehemiah 13:10-12, 15-22.
2. What issues do you see in these verses that were troubling to the writer?
3. What steps were taken to correct the problems?
4. When you see something that’s not right, what is your natural reaction?
• keep the problem to yourself rather than create waves
• become vocal about the problem to whomever will listen
• try to fix the problem by getting in the middle of it
5. How can we help one another be wise and obedient to the Lord in all of life’s dealings?
6. What situation could you use the group’s help with today?
7. Pray for one another to always do the right thing.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.