By Dan Lentz
1. In what places do you feel most at home at Christmastime?
2. Even though the Christmas story might be familiar, what still amazes you about the circumstances surrounding Jesus’ birth?
3. The key characters in the Christmas story were not in their homes at the time of Jesus’ birth. Mary and Joseph were away from Nazareth. The wise men were from the Far East, and even the shepherds had to leave their fields to see baby Jesus. Yet anyone can feel at home with Jesus. What do the details of Jesus’ birth teach us about how the Lord wants us to be “at home” with him?
4. In what areas of your life do you want the Lord to be more at home—more involved in your everyday life? (Examples may include your family relationships, your finances, your workplace, your school, or your church.)
5. As a group, pray for the courage to meet the Lord in those places in your life where you want him to be more at home with you. Pray for commitment to make the journey to meet the Lord in those places.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.
Comments: no replies