By Dan Lentz
1. If you could choose the way your family does Christmas gift exchanges, which method would you select:
• giving homemade gifts;
• drawing names so you can focus on one person’s gift;
• white elephant gift exchange;
• traditional buying of presents for each family member;
• no gift giving at all.
2. Mary gave the Lord the gift of worship in the form of a song. Work together to compile a list of ways Mary honored the Lord for who he is and what he had done. Write your list on a white board or large paper so everyone can see it.
3. As a group, go through each item you came up with from Mary’s song and think of a way this attribute of the Lord has been demonstrated in your life or in the world as a whole in recent times.
4. Which of these personal praise items just mentioned is particularly relevant to you right now?
5. As you pray together, keep looking at the praise list you created and thank the Lord for what he is doing in and around your life.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.