By Dan Lentz
1. Pass around a box of crayons. Ask group members to select a couple of colors that represent their favorite vacation destination and instruct them to draw a simple picture of that place and share it with the group.
Read Colossians 1:12-23.
2. When you read that the Lord “is the firstborn
over all creation. For in him all things were
created,” what images come to mind?
3. It’s easy to know intellectually that the Lord is before all things, and in him all things hold together, but it’s more challenging to live in a way that continuously acknowledges that fact. From your experience, in what situations do Christ-followers tend to forget that the Lord holds all things together?
4. What helps you remember that the Lord has supremacy in all things?
5. Ask group members to use their crayons again (and perhaps the same piece of paper) to draw a picture or write a few words that describe what it means to be made right, or reconciled to the Lord. Feel free to share the papers with the group.
6. Close with prayers of thanksgiving for being reconciled to God.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.