By Dan Lentz
1. What is one of the most daring things you have done in your life? What motivated you to try it? As you look back, does it seem more or less daunting now than it did at that time?
Read Philippians 3:12-4:1.
2. In verse 12, the apostle Paul talks about “the goal.” Based on these verses, how would you describe the goal he is pressing on toward?
3. From these verses, find as many ideas as you can that helped Paul and others keep pressing on toward the goal. Which one of these ideas is
particularly encouraging or helpful to you right now?
4. Thinking about your life situations, how can this group help you in practical ways to press on toward the goal? Offer to step up and help another group member when there are opportunities.
5. During prayer time, give everyone paper and pen. Have group members write out what they need to press on toward in their life right now. You may share these with the group if you wish. Read your paper throughout the week and use it as a prayer for strength and perseverance to press on.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies