By Dan Lentz
1. Name a past project that seemed nearly impossible to complete but that you managed to complete because you persevered.
Read Ezra 6:13-22.
2. In the midst of numerous threats the Israelites faced, what are some of the things you see that made their completion of the temple building possible?
3. When construction of the temple was completed, the Israelites celebrated. In what ways does your group or church celebrate the completion of significant tasks?
4. How important is it that we celebrate? Do you think most churches celebrate too much, or not enough?
5. For what completed work are you particularly joyful today?
6. If you sense that you have not adequately celebrated a special work the Lord has done among you recently, then take some time to plan a celebration and make sure you include others so they can witness a celebration for the Lord.
Close by praising the Lord in prayer for all he has done.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.
Comments: no replies