By Dan Lentz
1. Talk about something you’ve seen lately you thought was inspiring. (Examples may include: an athletic accomplishment, a job performance, family perseverance, or a musical performance.)
Read Isaiah 6:1-8.
2. Isaiah saw a vision that was inspiring to the point of being overwhelming. His vision of the Lord made him feel inadequate and unclean. Putting yourself in Isaiah’s place, what would you be thinking at that moment?
3. Have you ever felt inadequate or unclean when catching a glimpse of the Lord’s glory? Explain.
4. Why do you think Isaiah specifically felt his lips were unclean? (Think about what the Lord had called Isaiah to do.)
5. Isaiah did not make his lips clean. The Lord did it for him. How has the Lord made you clean? Give an example.
6. Has the Lord sent you to do anything recently? If so, what?
7. Spend time praying for one another’s ministries (as a parent, an employee, a friend, a neighbor, or a church volunteer).
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.