By Dan Lentz
1. Divide your numeric age by three. Then think about your life in three different time periods. When you think about the first third of your life, what dominant memory comes to mind? Share that memory with the group. Do the same thing with the second and third segments of your life.
Read Isaiah 65:17-25.
2. Is it easier to recall good memories or bad memories? Why?
3. What will not come to your mind in the new heavens and new earth?
4. Everyone has visions of what the new creation will be like. As you read these verses about the new heavens and new earth, what thought dominates your mind? Do you have new insights on the new creation now that you didn’t have previously?
5. The last few verses talk about the Lord’s peace reigning over everything. In what area of your personal life do you need more peace? Think about one situation in the larger world where more peace is needed. Take turns praying about these situations.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.