By Dan Lentz
1. Many companies and organizations have adopted three-word slogans. For instance, the clothing company Wrangler has adopted the slogan: “Real. Comfortable. Jeans.” Come up with a three-word slogan that describes your life over the past few weeks and share it with the group.
Read Isaiah 12.
2. Form groups of two or three and together with your partner(s) come up with three words or three phrases from these verses that speak to you and your current situation in life. Ask groups to share their words and phrases from Isaiah 12 with the larger group.
3. If you could make one of these words or phrases more real in your life today, which would you choose?
4. How can you help each other apply these phrases to life? Brainstorm some practical examples and then take action on your ideas.
5. Focus your prayer time on praising the Lord, incorporating phrases from these verses into your prayers.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.