By Dan Lentz
1. What does the phrase, “I’m sorry,” mean to you? Is being sorry and asking for forgiveness the same thing? How does repentance (changing your behavior) relate to being sorry?
Read Daniel 9:4-14, 17.
2. What are some recent examples you’ve seen of individuals or groups who were truly repentant for their actions?
3. What phrases in these verses convey a sense of sincerity and passion? Have you ever prayed with this kind of fervency?
4. For what prayer request would you be willing to pray a total of 10 hours over the next month?
5. Make a bold commitment to set aside at least 10 hours of time over the next 30 days (that’s 20 minutes per day) to focus on praying for the request you just mentioned. Perhaps you will commit to praying with someone else for his or her request. Or perhaps the entire group would commit to pray together for the same request. Start your 10 hours of prayer as you finish up your group time.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.