By Dan Lentz
1. Name three items that are on your “bucket list” (the list of things you want to do before you die).
Read Daniel 8:1, 15-26.
2. When you see someone walking down the street holding a sign that says, “The end is near,” what is your typical reaction?
3 These verses speak of “the appointed time of the end” (v. 19). The vision Daniel had indicated the end was in the distant future. When you think about the second coming of our Lord, do you think it is still a long time off? Why, or why not?
4. If you knew the end was near, what would you change about the way you’re living?
5. These verses indicate there will be a struggle for God’s people at the end. How are you preparing now for the struggles that will come? Are there things in your life these verses motivate you to change, knowing the end is coming?
6. How can we help each other be expectant and prepared for the Lord’s return?
Pray for those who don’t know the Lord and ask the Lord to use you to reach out to them.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.