By Dan Lentz
1. As you’ve grown older, what has changed most about your personality? (Examples include: more mellow or tolerant now, more determined than I used to be, less patient than I used to be.) Why do you think you’ve changed?
Read Luke 24:13-21, 28-35.
2. The two disciples on the road to Emmaus did not recognize Jesus at first. What causes people to have their “blinders” on to Jesus? What hinders people around you from seeing Jesus in their everyday circumstances?
3. Have you ever missed Jesus when he was clearly there? Talk about your experience.
4. What are some practical ways we can help others see Jesus in the course of everyday life?
5. How has your walk with Jesus changed you over the years? What is your heart burning to do for Jesus in the next year of your walk with him?
6. Close by praying for the power of the resurrected Christ to overwhelm every area of your life. Ask the Lord to use you as an instrument to touch other people’s lives.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.