By Dan Lentz
1. Would you say you have a good memory, or a poor memory? What tips and tricks do you use to help you remember things?
Read 2 Peter 1:2-15, 20, 21.
2. As a group, try memorizing 2 Peter 1:5-8 together. One idea for group memorization: Write the words out on a large sheet of paper. Have the group read the verses out loud. After each reading, use sticky notes to cover random words in the text, then read it aloud together again, saying the covered words from memory. Keep covering more words each time you read it until the whole passage is nearly covered and you can say the whole thing from memory.
3. Thinking about the list of character traits found in these verses, what are the benefits of incorporating these qualities into your life? What are the consequences of not incorporating these into your life?
4. What method or resource do you use to help you remember the divine knowledge that gives us everything in life?
5. Think about what helps you remember to pray. Pair up with one other person in the group and talk about a plan that will help you remember to pray consistently this coming week. The plan might be different for each of you, but decide what your plan is and help each other put it into action this week. Pray for each other as you start your week of prayer.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.