By Dan Lentz
1. Which one of the following situations could you tolerate best? Which one would you struggle to tolerate?
• sitting on a plane next to a fussy baby
• standing in a long line with a very slow cashier
• being tailgated by an aggressive driver
• enduring a lengthy automated customer
service help line.
Read 2 Peter 3:3-15a, 18.
2. What types of things do people in our culture tend to lose patience over quickly?
3. What types of sins are people more tempted to commit when they run out of patience?
4. What helps you be more patient when you find yourself in difficult circumstances? What keeps you encouraged when waiting on the Lord for a specific answer or solution to a problem you are experiencing?
5. What are some practical ways you can grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ? Have every group member share at least one idea.
6. Reflect on your answers to the previous question and pray specifically for one another in those areas where group members want to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.