By Dan Lentz
1. What is one dream you had in your younger years that is yet to be fulfilled? Do you now see it as something idealistic from your youth or as something you believe is attainable?
Read Genesis 17:15-17; 18:9-15; 21:1-7.
2. Many times people accept their current situation and don’t believe change is possible. What makes you think Sarah and Abraham might have been struggling with change at this point in their life?
3. What type of change is easy for you? What type of change is hard for you? (Examples include schedule, employment, friends, and moving.)
4. Some of God’s promises to Sarah and Abraham were going to be fulfilled in their lifetime. Some were going to be fulfilled long after their earthly life. How do you balance expectations for those things you pray for that may or may not be fulfilled in the course of your earthly life?
5. Do you still have faith that prayers can be answered after your earthly life is done? What dream are you still trusting the Lord for today?
6. Pair up as same gender prayer partners and share concerns and requests with each other. Check in on your partner during the week.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.