By Dan Lentz
1. If you had your choice, which would you prefer?
• planting a garden in the spring
• having a picnic on a warm summer day
• taking a stroll through the woods in the fall
• sitting in front of a crackling fire in the winter
Read Isaiah 53:3-8; Luke 24:25-27, 44-47.
2. Divide the group into sub-groups. Assign one or two verses of the Isaiah passage to each sub-group. In addition, instruct the groups that they can also use any of the verses from Luke 24 for reference. Sub-groups should read their assigned verses and answer the following questions:
• What does this passage say about the Lord?
• What does this passage say about people?
• How can people be changed because of the message of this passage?
3. While still in sub-groups, talk about what people can do today to keep their minds open to understanding God’s Word.
4. Gather back together and share things discussed in each sub-group, especially regarding how people can be changed. Close by praying for those changes to occur in one another’s lives.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.