By Michael C. Mack
1. How well are you prepared for Christmas—physically (home decorations, cooking food)? financially (buying gifts)? emotionally? spiritually?
Read Luke 2:8-20.
2. As you read through this narrative, what was the shepherds’ focus at various points, and how did it change?
3. Describe the responses of the angels, the shepherds, the townspeople, and Mary to Jesus’ birth.
4. What does it mean to give “glory to God”? (See Ephesians 1:6, 12, 14; Exodus 40:34; 2 Chronicles 7:1-3; John 1:14; 17:1, 22.)
5. Think about the first time you ever heard the gospel. How did the good news stir you to glorify God?
6. Jesus is Immanuel—God with us. He is present with you now as you meet together in his name (Matthew 18:20). He is Savior, Lord, Friend, Shepherd, and Compassionate Healer. He is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the resurrection and the life! Close your gathering with worship as you give glory to God for his Son.
Michael Mack is the author of 16 small group books and discussion guides. He also leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).
Comments: no replies