By Michael C. Mack
1. When in your life have you been the most terrified? What was the setting? What helped you find courage?
Read Matthew 14:22-36.
2. What acts of worship do you notice in this account?
3. What kinds of things clouded people’s ability to worship Jesus as God’s Son? (See also the stories found in John 6.)
4. What kinds of things today cloud people’s ability to worship Jesus as God’s Son?
5. Fear is the opposite of worship. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? Why?
6. What do you learn from the courage and doubts of Peter as a worshipper of God?
7. As we prepare to begin a new year in the coming days, in what specific ways do you want to grow as a worshipper in 2015?
Michael Mack is the author of 16 small group books and discussion guides. He also leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).