By Michael C. Mack
1. In 60 seconds write down the titles of as many Christmas songs or carols you can think of that mention angels. Then see who came up with the most.
Read Hebrews 1:1-9.
2. In what ways does God speak to us today? (See John 14:17, 26; Colossians 3:16; 2 Timothy 3:16.) How do these differ from ways he spoke to people in the Old Testament?
3. What declarations of Jesus’ deity does this passage present (vv. 2, 3)?
4. What exactly is an angel? (See Psalm 103:20; Hebrews 1:14; Revelation 5:11; 20:1, 2.)
5. In what ways is Jesus superior to the angels?
6. What makes Jesus worthy of our worship?
7. If someone said that Jesus was simply a great teacher, prophet, or philosopher, how would you use this passage to respond?
8. Close your time together with a simple act of worship by speaking words that describe Jesus (ex: Creator, Sustainer, Savior).
Michael Mack is the author of 16 small group books and discussion guides. He also leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).