By Dan Lentz
1. Which of these communication styles most closely resembles you?
• speak first; think later
• speak when spoken to, but other than that say as little as possible
• actively listen and then reply
2. Of the following principles from these verses, which do you think is the most challenging principle to apply in your sphere of influence?
• be quick to listen, slow to speak
• be slow to become angry
• get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent
Why is this a challenge?
3. Reread verses 23-25. What does it mean to you to look into the mirror and then forget what you look like?
4. What or who helps you look into the mirror? What or who helps you make changes in your life?
5. Divide your group into same-gender pairs for prayer time. If the Lord has shown you something in the mirror that needs to change, share that with your prayer partner and commit to pray for one another throughout the week.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.