By Dan Lentz
1. Most television shows are not broadcast live. They are recorded and edited before being broadcast to the public. What activities in your personal life do you wish you could edit before going live to the public? (Examples: arguments you get into, athletic games you play, presentations you give, conversations you have, and so on.)
Read Zechariah 9:9, 10; Matthew 21:1-11.
2. Even though the disciples knew the Old Testament Scriptures, they may have not realized they were fulfilling an Old Testament prophecy. How were the Old and New Testaments coming together in these verses?
3. An ordinary task at the time, like moving a donkey, became a significant spiritual event. Have you stopped to consider which ordinary tasks that you routinely perform have significant spiritual implications? Give some examples.
4. If there is one thing you would like to do for God’s kingdom that you’re not doing now, what would it be?
5. Pray for the boldness to be available to serve the Lord in new ways.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.