By Dan Lentz
1. If you had to give up one of the following, which would be the easiest to give up and which would be the hardest?
• Internet access
• Cell phone
2. After reading these verses, what do you think drew people to Jesus?
3. Even though Jesus had a powerful way of drawing people to him, was his message hard or easy to accept? Why do you think that?
4. What contrasting ideas did Jesus ask people to consider throughout this section of Scripture? Which of these contrasting ideas stands out most to you right now?
5. Look at the blessings listed in verses 20-22. Which attitude is most relevant to your life right now?
6. Take turns sharing the most pressing things you are facing in your life right now. Pray for the grace to go through the hard things of life with the Lord’s strength.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.