By Dan Lentz
1. If you had to describe the word justice to someone who was unfamiliar with the term, how would you describe it in your own words?
2. How would you describe the word mercy to someone who was unfamiliar with the term?
Read Psalm 110:1-4 and Acts 2:22-27, 29-32.
3. In these Acts verses, Peter was describing the significance of Jesus to people who were mostly unfamiliar with him. Putting yourself in the Israelites’ shoes that day, what stands out to you about what Peter said?
4. It was impossible for death to keep a hold on Jesus. How has Jesus’ death and resurrection changed your perspective about the end of your own earthly life?
5. Scripture goes on to tell us that thousands responded to Peter’s message of life. What is your response to today’s message from Psalm 110 and Acts 2?
6. Close by thanking the Lord for being both just and merciful. Pray for the Lord’s justice and mercy to penetrate your life and the lives of those of you love.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.
Comments: no replies