By Dan Lentz
1. What is one of your favorite songs (any style, from any time period)? Why do you enjoy it so much?
Read Revelation 5:5-13.
2. Take a piece of paper and make a list of the demonstrations of worship described in these verses. Share your list with the group.
3. On the same paper, make a list of as many demonstrations of worship as you can think of that you have the opportunity to participate in on a weekly basis. Also share these with the group.
4. Discuss together: Does our worship here on earth and the worship in Heaven differ? If so, how? Do you think these should differ? Explain.
5. For prayer time, pick two or three of the worship experiences you noted as being done in Heaven and do those as a group. Perhaps you might sing the chorus to a well-known song or recite some Scripture aloud or pray in a different posture than you normally do. Regardless of what you choose, approach the Lord with courage yet humility, and worship him for who he is.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.
Comments: no replies