By Michael C. Mack
1. What is your level of joy at this holiday season?
Read Isaiah 52:1, 2, 7-12.
2. What words describe the situation for the Israelites as Isaiah wrote this?
3. How and to whom was this message of good news spread? How did the people respond?
4. In the midst of these good tidings and proclamations of God’s salvation, the subject of holiness is noted twice (vv. 1, 11). Why is holiness so vital for God’s people?
5. How does our joy as God’s people compare to the joy of the Israelites in this passage?
6. What wake-up call do you need from God today? What is he telling you to depart from?
7. Pray for people you know who need to hear the good news of salvation through Jesus.
8. Option: Sing “Blessed Assurance” to close out your session.
Michael Mack is the author of 16 small group books and discussion guides. He also leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).