By Michael C. Mack
1. When was a time you put your foot in your mouth but didn’t realize it until later? What happened? How did you handle it?
Read Job 42:1-10.
2. What words would you use to describe Job’s attitude in this passage?
3. What did Job finally come to realize from his time of suffering?
4. Why do you think God never brought up the real reasons for Job’s suffering? (See Job 1:12; 2:6, 7.)
5. Considering all Job had been through, how do you think it felt for God to call him “my servant Job”?
6. What is the difference between knowing about God and having a relationship with him? (v. 5).
7. In what ways can suffering bring us to the end of ourselves? What parts can confession (v. 3) and repentance (v. 6) play?
8. What would you ask God to restore in your life right now? How can your group pray with you for that?
Michael Mack is the author of 16 small group books and discussion guides. He also leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).
Comments: no replies