By Michael C. Mack
1. When have you been a part of a “Welcome Home” celebration? Whom was it for? How would you describe it?
Read Jeremiah 30:1-3, 18-22.
2. What can you deduce from these verses about the troubles that were to come?
3. What promises did God make for the people’s future?
4. What words describe how the people would respond to God’s restorative work?
5. Verse 21 relates to the man who would lead the people in the immediate future as well as to the Messiah and his future kingdom. What does this verse reveal about Jesus? How did Jesus fulfill these descriptions?
6. What kinds of things keep us in captivity or put our lives in ruins today?
7. “The day is coming when I will . . .” How do you think God will complete that promise to you?
8. What hope do you most need from God—restoration, compassion, honor, or something else?
Michael Mack is the author of 16 small group books and discussion guides. He also leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).
Comments: no replies