By Michael C. Mack
1. What is your favorite romantic movie? Why do you like it?
Read Genesis 29:15-30.
2. What movie title would you give to this account?
• When Jacob Met Rachel . . . and Leah (and Zilpah and Bilhah)
• The Laban Bunch (“Rachel, Rachel, Rachel”)
• Dysfunctional Family Ties
• Fooled for Love
• How to Lose a Girl in 7 Years
• The Things I Do for Love
3. What motivates someone to use deception and trickery to get what they want?
4. How have you witnessed deception in a family? How does it affect the relationships?
5. Jacob deceived his father to get his blessing (Genesis 27:1-36) and later deceived Laban (31:20). Do you believe turnabout is fair play? Why or why not?
6. What biblical principle do you take from this passage? “A man reaps what he sows” (Galatians 6:7); perseverance develops character (Romans 5:4); the righteous live lives of integrity (Proverbs 20:7); or “in all things God works for the good” (Romans 8:28)?
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).